On 31 August 2019 our team at JB Solicitors had a wonderful time at the Young Lawyers Charity Ball: L’affaire Parisienne held at Sofitel Wentworth in support of the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC).
PIAC aims to assist Australians with difficult social issues by providing legal assistance, policy advice, as well as training to create positive change.
PIAC addresses numerous issues including:
- access for people with disability to basic services;
- access to energy and water for low-income and vulnerable consumers;
- Indigenous disadvantage;
- discrimination against people with mental health conditions;
- the proper exercise of police power;
- the rights of people in detention; and
- government accountability.
The aim of the event was to not only to raise awareness of these important issues, but to also raise funds to support an amazing organisation – all proceeds from the event was in support of the important work PIAC does for the community.
For more information, please visit PIAC’s website on https://www.piac.asn.au/about-us/our-objectives-and-strategies/
Thank you to The Law Society for organising such a meaningful and successful event, allowing fellow members of the profession the opportunity to lend a helping hand. Thank you also to PIAC for all the work they do for the community.