Sperm Donors – Are You Considered the Child’s Parent?
The High Court of Australia recently handed down its decision regarding sperm donors and whether a sperm donor is considered a “parent” under the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth). The High Court considered whether a sperm donor, who was also substantially involved in the child’s upbringing, was considered a “parent” under the law and, accordingly, if the sperm donor had parental rights over the child.
Hear from our Solicitor Nicholas Robertson about the recent High Court decision surrounding sperm donors and its impact on what is considered a “parent” under family law.
In this free webinar you will learn about:
- The recent High Court decision of Masson v Parsons  HCA 2019
- The background of the matter
- The issues that the High Court considered
- The changes to what it means to be a “parent” in circumstances surrounding children born through artificial conception procedures
- The impact the decision had in assessing the paramount consideration of the “best interests of the child”
Spots are limited!
Time: 12:00pm – 12:25pm
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019