More than half of Australians do not have an Estate Plan in place. Are you one of them?
Estate Planning is not often on the forefront of most people’s minds. For a lot of people, thinking about their mortality is a difficult thing to do – and perhaps it’s even a task in the “too hard” basket. However, estate planning is critical in helping the people close to you understand how to distribute your wealth and investments.
How can we help?
At JB Solicitors, our goal is to understand your wishes and help you express it in the best possible way to give you the peace of mind.
Our Estate Planning team are passionate about finding the right strategy for you. This goes beyond having a financial plan or just a Will. We partner with you to develop a personalised a long term plan that fulfils your needs and fits your personal situation, and at the same time ensure it is legally enforceable to protect your assets and your family and friends.
We can assist with:
- Assessing your assets and investments
- Nominating a person responsible to act your behalf
- Ensuring your wishes are followed through and assets are passed onto the people you desire
- Reducing tax payable
- Creating a Will and keeping safe custody of your Will
- Drawing a Statement of Wishes for your moral wishes
- Regular prompts to review your estate plan at various life events
Estate Planning goes beyond a Will
When thinking about Estate Planning, remember – it goes beyond a Will. To protect you and your family completely, here are some important considerations:
- Will – while it is easy to make a Will, it is beneficial to have it prepared by a lawyer. A properly drafted Will ensures you’ll get it right and minimise any chances of a dispute.
- Power of Attorney – means appointing someone to act legally on your behalf. You will need to choose someone you can trust as any action they take will be lawfully binding on you. We always suggest seeking legal advice on this because of how powerful it is.
- Testamentary Trust – is a trust and comes into effect after your passing. It provides greater control over the distribution of your assets to the people you want.
- Tax implications – we assist with identifying potential tax consequences early on such as tax returns or even superannuation issues. By doing this, we can find a solution to minimise the tax implications.
Our estate planning services are fixed in pricing as we believe in giving our clients certainty and value transparency. Click here to find out more about our fixed pricing.
Ready to get started? Get in touch with one of our experienced estate planning professionals using the Settify link below.