When a company decides to develop structures on land, there are several factors that must be considered in relation to its compliance with environment and planning laws and to ensure that the company receive approval of their plans.
These factors include:
- Planning law requirements and appeals;
- Contamination; and
- Compulsory acquisitions
Engaging a qualified and experienced environment and planning lawyer is crucial to ensure that the company is aware of all risks associated with litigation, investigations and prosecutions and exploring all strategies to minimise such potential issues.
There is significant state, territory and Commonwealth legislation in relation to planning and compliance.
Our environment lawyers can assist in advising a company on several aspects and issues in relation to planning, including:
- Liquor licensing;
- Heritage and Native Title law;
- Land use regulations; and
- Environmental due diligence
Our environment lawyers will advise clients on any potential or existing contamination issues on site, such as soil, water and air and its impact and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Statutory audit process;
- Dealing with the relevant state or territory Environment Protection Authority;
- Responsibility allocation;
- Liaising with site contamination and remediation consultants;
- Public consultation programs; and
- Liability advice
Our Expert Lawyers
Where required, our environment lawyers will litigate for and on behalf of our client in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.